Published On: 4 Aug 2017
Area Sales Manager - FMCG
2 - 4
2000000 [ India Rupees - INR ]
ASM carry out sales activities within a specified geography, leading a team of Sales Officers as well as to drive Distributor Sales Representatives. The responsibilities of an ASM include strategizing, planning and ensuring that they lead, motivate, direct and review their team to meet the company's sales objectives. To take care of volume targets and category targets, manage primary (to Distributors), secondary (to Retail Outlets) and enable tertiary sales (to end Consumers through merchandising, display and on-ground visibility).
Key Accountabilities :
Generation of Primary, secondary sales. Fixing the norms according to sales plan Ensuring primary according to secondary plan build-up. Achievements of grades in totality. Very Strong on Developing Distribution channel Strong Process knowledge of sales operations & MIS
Territory Development :
- Achieving the coverage target . Maintaining infrastructure according to turnover Timely appointment of Distributors and their manpower, with full quality ensured Review of finance and infrastructure
Cost Controls and Improving Cost Efficiency :
- Improving scheme cost effectively. Monitoring channel payment. Timely liquidation of old coded stock (slow-moving)
- Accountable for any liability of spoil stock due to aging/ expired stock.
People Development :
- Review, Governance and Training/ Counselling of Sales Representatives and Sales Officers Guide and Motivate to ensure better productivity & morale Develop skills for subordinates through on-the-job coaching in the field
Reporting and Feedback :
- Daily sales reports in time. Feedback reports of new launch products. Immediate feedback of competitors- activity.
- Presenting monthly meeting reports
Desired Qualification : Ideal candidate will be an MBA/PGDM from premier B-school 2012/2013/2014/ 2015/2016 Batches